Community Home

Welcome to SWANA’s Advocacy & Public Policy Group

This group will be used to provide updates to the Core Advocacy Group, to allow group members to communicate with each other, to save documents, and more.

The Core Advocacy Group is critical to SWANA’s public policy engagement. This group is comprised of Legislative Liaisons from each Chapter and Technical Division. Chapters without a Legislative Liaison are encouraged to have one, or at least to have someone designated to receive and share SWANA’s Advocacy Alerts.

For advertising and marketing materials, please post your “Industry Watch” article under the Blog tab or visit the Professional Services Directory at SWANA.org under the Resources tab to be featured.

Discussion Posts

• Posted in: Open Forum

We are excited to connect solid waste and resource management professionals, old friends and new, at the SWANA booth (#4245) in the Expo Hall. M eet our new CEO, Amy Lestition Burke, who will host two meet and greets in the booth on Tuesday and Wednesday ...

Hello Everyone, I am performing hazard assessments on sorting equipment for a MRF. I am looking for reference material related to manufacturer recommendations or industry standards for managing entry as permit required confined space. Specifically, ...

Hello Everyone, I am performing hazard assessments on sorting equipment for a MRF. I am looking for reference material related to manufacturer recommendations or industry standards for managing entry as permit required confined space. Specifically, the ...

The pre and post trip is ultimately the CDL drivers' responsibility. If the shop has issues with the maintenance of a vehicle and reports it to the supervisor he should them step in and observe that person's pre-trip. If improper pre trips are an issue ...

Hi Shane! How is your pool defining accident rate? How many a month? The bigger question for me is, are your drivers on an hourly or task pay system? Over the years I have discovered positives and negatives for both, but typically when I see high incident ...

Announcements

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.