Blogs

Be the first person to recommend this.
The SWANA Young Professionals (YP) group continues to grow and expand across the country. SWANA YP members have been busy this past year speaking at SWANA events, leading teams, mentoring students and making strides in every aspect of the industry. With more than 1,000 YPs, their accomplishments are certainly something to be very proud of. Meet this year's SWANA YP Spotlights! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Meet Lee Daigle, Senior ...
1 comment
Me and solid waste go way back. I was probably 6 years old when I wrote the scrawling text in the photo (Translation: I Like the Dump because it’s Messy). I still know exactly what I was referring to— the Skaneateles Transfer Station , the place where residents of my upstate NY hometown brought their waste and recyclables. This was in the mid-90s, so society handled its discarded material a little differently back then, but Skaneateles was (and still appears to be) on top of its game. Multi-stream recyclables were accepted in various walk-in transfer trailers. I remember joining my dad in the containers and helping to toss our waste, paper, aluminum cans, ...
1 comment
Check out a few entries from the ISWA YPG Facebook Series "Waste Around the World" below . Or search for #WAWseries on Facebook to see more. About WAW: # WasteAroundtheWorld is a series showing waste management practices in different cities and regions across the globe. Greece By Antonios Sakalis In general, waste management in Greece depends on sanitary landfill sites. In Greece, all uncontrolled disposal sites (dumpsites) have been shut down and a few of them are in the restoration process. Statistics are not available today, but they are estimated around 50 around Greece. Regarding mixed waste treatment, there are five ...
0 comments