Young Professionals

Introduction - Intership opportunity

• 1.  Introduction - Intership opportunity

Posted 02-22-2017 02:01 PM
      |   view attached

Hello Young Professionals,

I recently joined SWANA’s  Young Professionals Buckeye chapter (Ohio) and I wanted to introduce myself.

I am a French solid waste/ materials manager recently graduated from a Master’s degree in Solid Waste management.

I am eager to gain international experience and learn from advanced US methodologies in solid waste management !
    I feel that we, French, have a lot to learn on specific topics like collection efficiency (automated collection), single-stream recycling model, highly industrialized MRF and much more...

At the same time, French solid waste management systems has some interesting assets and results in term of reduction and diversion: 
    in France, Municipal solid waste production per capita is half as large as in the US, diversion and recycling rates are quite high and organic collection and biogas facilities (anaerobic digestion) are knowing a great development.

I would enjoy to learn new skills and to share knowledge with young profesionals in the US !

I can easily participate into a 12-months paid training in the USA through the J-1 Internship USA program, sponsored by the InterExchange US-based organization.

Any opportunity at your organization ?

I am hoping to make some great connections and looking forward to speaking with some of you!

Emmanuel

------------------------------
    Emmanuel RAFIN
    Suez Recycling and Recovery
    Kent, Ohio, USA
    ------------------------------